RAUGEO Helix Probes PE-Xa are ideal for use in both new builds and refurbishments. They are the optimum choice if only a small land area is available and probe drilling is not possible, e.g. for geological reasons or if it is not financially possible.
Predominantly aimed at low energy housing, with requirements of 8KW or less.
A 5m deep hole is created with an Auger drill, into which the Helix probe is then installed and backfilled. The distance between each probe is 3 – 4m. The specially designed PE membrane ensures the fixed diameter of the probe facilitating even energy extraction.
High Quality PE-Xa material means high resistance to puncture loads and reduction of joints due to its excellent bending radius.
The high temp resistance of up to plus 95deg C makes a combination with solar energy possible – even retrospectively.
Making excess heat storage a reality in this increasingly required feature of new builds.
The advantages of the RAUGEO Helix Probe PE-Xa:
- Use in new builds and refurbishments
- Extraction performance of up to 700 W/Helix Probe in Sandy clay (Wet)
- Simple and cost effective drilling
- Ideal where space is at a premium
- High Quality PE-Xa material means high resistance to puncture loads and
elimination of any joints due to small bending radius.
- The high temp resistance +95deg C makes a combination with solar energy possible – even retrospectively
- Making excess heat storage a reality in this increasingly required feature of
RAUGEO Helix probe outputs:
The estimated outputs per Helix probe for different ground conditions are provided in the table below (based on 1800h operating hours).
|Soil Type||Specific heat extraction (W / Helix probe)|
|Wet Sand (high groundwater)||300-700W|
|Wet silt (high groundwater)||400-650W|
|Dry Sandy Clay||300-400W|
|Wet Sandy Clay (high groundwater)||450-700|
Example Helix probe calculation
Wet sandy clay (GW at 3m): 500W / Helix probe
COP of heat pump: 4
Operating hours: 1800h/a
No. of probes required = Output per Helix probes (W)
|Required heating load (kW)||Evaporator output (kW)||No. of Helix Probes|
For our range of Geothermal Probes please click here.